Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Corner Bakery Cafe

My friend and I first found Corner Bakery Cafe in Plano, Texas. We used to go there to eat pasta or panini. We always needed one or two bags of those delicious slices from the bakery shelf. I don't know what they are called, but I'll never forget how delicious they are. These delicacies are sliced wafer thin, prepared to a crispy chewy texture, and coated in granulated sugar. They are packed full of dried fruit.

Lately we've become interested in losing weight. Or perhaps I should say that lately we have become mroe motivated to lose weight. My daughter and I are serious salad eaters. We were delighted to discover a Corner Bakery near Jackson, Mississippi, not far from the airport. (The address is 108 Market Street, Flowood, MS 29232.) The Corner Bakery now has about 16 salads.

A tasty choice is the Asian wonton salad. According to the menu description it contains "all-natural roasted Chicken, edamame, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions and crispy wontons with mixed greens, napa cabbage, and ginger soy dressing." This salad is low in calories according to the Corner Bakery website. It has only 480 calories, 0 net carbs, and 0 transfat grams. There's one problem though: It contains 1890 mg sodium. What a disappointment!


Get This Amazing Southern Cookbook, Flavored with Love, Now!

Labels: